The CWC Jaycees Present...
Congaree Quest Scavenger Hunt
August 11, 2012 - 1:00PM
CWC Jaycee Hut
1153 Walter Price Street
Cayce, SC 29033
Join us for a fun time touring the Metropolitan Columbia area and showing off your detective skills!
Proceeds will benefit Children's Chance with the goal to raise enough money for the children to have an Evening With The Gamecocks! This event allows families to have dinner with the USC Gamecock Football Team and Coaches, watch them practice, and receive autographs. The players and coaches sit with the families and listen to the kids tell about their struggle with cancer. This event is very special to the families that face this devastating disease. Children's Chance's mission is to improve the quality of life of children and families who are dealing with the trauma of child's cancer. The ultimate goal of Children's Chance is to assist families in remaining intact and functional during their difficult times. http://www.childrenschance.org/
Teams of 2-4 people will set out with a list of clues and quests around Cayce, West Columbia, and Columbia, and they will score points for every challenge they conquer. Registration is $10 per person. Bring extra cash to earn bonus points for donations to the cause!
Each team will be given a packet of Puzzle Clues, Item Quests, and Picture Quests which will be assigned a point value based on difficulty. Your missions will be to seek out puzzle pieces, collect random objects, and snap photos that correspond with each Clue or Quest. There will be opportunities for creativity and originality bonuses for items and images presented to the judges. Your main mission will be to gather up all the Puzzle Pieces to complete a special puzzle that will earn you the most points.
After the hunt, we'll meet back at The Hut for judging, dinner, music, and the presentation of winners. Your registration fees include food and non-alcoholic drinks, and with an additional $5 donation, alcoholic beverages will be available for our guests who are 21 or older. **Have your ID handy**
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
· Team of 2, 3, or 4
· Digital camera or camera-phone
· CWC Quest Bag & other materials - provided by the Jaycees
· All teammates must be together at all times. No splitting up from your group to collect items separately. Only one vehicle may be driven.
· Some Quests involved the consumption of alcohol. There is to be ABSOLUTELY NO UNDERAGE DRINKING. Additionally, the driver(s) SHALL NOT PARTAKE IN THE CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOL.
· Picture Quests involve taking pictures of strangers and scavengers engaged in activities. Please extend courtesy toward strangers when requesting permission to include them in pictures. Exercise caution when performing tasks described in the Quests. Safety is paramount when completing Quests.
· Item Quests involve collecting miscellaneous items from various locations. There is to be no trespassing, theft, or illegal acquisition of the Items on the list.
· Clues involve retrieving Puzzle Pieces from Checkpoints described by the Clue. The pieces will be flagged in obvious, highly visible locations at each Checkpoint. Sign the check-in sheet at each Checkpoint before leaving with the puzzle piece. Take only one Piece for your team.
· Pictures will be judged by viewing them directly on your device, by connecting your device to the judge’s laptop, or by transferring the memory card to the judge’s laptop.
· One member of the team will be needed on standby during scoring so the judges can ask questions if needed.
· GPS and Smart Phones are allowed.
Come out and have some fun, win some prizes, and support a great cause! Please contact Quest@CWCJaycees.org with any questions.